Family, Kids & Health Stuff
- Has your toddler discovered the magenetic pull of his or her mouth? - (Ideal Bite) "Pick up a safe, eco-teether that'll soothe mini gums and repel bad chems."
- Hooked on Green - (EcoSalon) "Education is the key when it comes to respecting and protecting the environment...a new eco-friendly series of storybooks made from recycled materials and aimed toward helping parents and children learn more about environmental awareness."
- Kid-Safe Chemical Act - (Environmental Working Groups) Every parent and parent-to-be, should check this out. Thanks to Enviroblog for posting about this. Video in post.
- Hamburgers are the Hummers of Food - (EarthFirst) We're all for a little meat in one's diet, but maybe we don't really need quite so much. In most countries, meat is a luxury.
- Free eBook Offer From Real Goods Solar - FREE digital copy of a crucial 70-page section, entitled “Renewable Energy 101—Solar, Wind, and Hydro Electric.”
- Super-green and Super-fast: The Vitruvian Building System - (Fast Company) An idea submitted for Google's 10^100 contest - super-insulating foam panels that would drastically help save greenhouse gas emissions of buildings.
Beauty & Fashion Stuff
- Chicken Feathers! - (EcoSalon) Will this be the next green fabric? Provided the chickens are organic and free-range!
Tech & Science Stuff
- Electric Cars and a Smarter Grid - (NYTimes.com) Interesting idea...not only grid power to car, but car power back to grid...hmmmm.
- Could Every Offshore Wind Turbine Capture Waves? - (EcoGeek)
- FRY CAR: How to Convert Your Car to Run on Vegetable Oil - (Inhabitat) Don't think we'll be doing this ourselves, but neat to know that it can be done.
Nature & Environment Stuff
- Scientists: Climate Change is Happening Faster than You Think - (EarthFirst) "Because greenhouse gas emissions have increased faster than expected and higher temps are triggering self-reinforcing biofeedback mechanisms in global ecosystems, the pace of climate change is likely to be much faster than recent predictions."
- Protect Our Beaches Series: Shout Out to the Surfrider Foundation - (Jolly Green Girl) We're proud to be members of this great organization.
- Colony Collapse Disorder Showing Up Again in East Coast Hives - (TheDailyGreen)
Arts, Entertainment & Travel Stuff
- Ritzy Celebrity Homes Disappearing into the Ocean - (EarthFirst) Sorry, couldn't help ourselves...a little snarky humor at the expense of celebrities.
- Ashley Judd Turns Attention Towards Coal Industry, Mountaintop Removal - (Ecorazzi)
- Sheryl Crow, Gavin Rossdale To Rock Global Green Pre-Oscar Party - (Ecorazzi)
- Prince Charles Creates 322 Tons of CO2 On Environmental Tour - (Ecorazzi) Such a conundrum...what's a prince to do?! EcoSalon weighs in on the prince as well.
- An Interview with Josh Tickell About His New Film, Fuel - (Sustainablog)
Other Random Cool Stuff
- The FT100 - (Change.org: Fair Trade) - "...an index of Fair Trade Organizations with a 100% commitment to Fair Trade...".
- Crazy Ideas + Youth = Innovative Solutions - (Fast Company) Love when the younger generation gets involved...hope for the future.
- Free Membership From Kids for Saving Earth - (Eco Child's Play)